Frequently Asked Questions
Why you should care?
The next time you’re having a conversation with family or friends discussing important issues, think about this:
- 1 in 3 women and 1 in 4 men experience violence from their partners in their lifetimes.
- 1 in 3 teens experience sexual or physical abuse or threats from a boyfriend or girlfriend in one year.
- 1 in 5 women are survivors of rape.
- 1 in 2 women and 1 in 5 men have experienced some form of sexual victimization in their lives.
- These are the people you confide in the most, your colleagues at work, your friends, your family and anyone close to you. If we talk about these issues the silence and shame can end for good.